Script to copy files to all users?

I just (took me a few months of infrequent looking) found documentation for adding
additional directories and files for new users (under /etc/skel) - and a newuser
script to incorporate those changes from the red hat europe web site

I still have a couple of questions:

I would like to figure out how to change the default permissions on the home
directories and files to allow each user (by default) to access other user's
directories and files (internal security is not a concern for our small office and
this would cut down on IT admin time)

I'm looking for a script that would allow me to copy a file (or bunch of files) to
all of the user's home directories - it would be handy for upgrading .wine
configuration files and also openoffice .sversionrc files (probably other files on
occasion too).  Anyone have a link to one?