Re: php short tags

--- Kevin Waterson <kevin@oceania.net> wrote:

> My point is that it will break a lot of pre-written
> scripts
> I myself use <?php for just this reason, but many
> scripts will
> break because of it. When a script does, as I have
> seen, people
> are not blaming the script writers, but are blaming
> redhat for
> non-standard implementations, or of messing with the
> defaults.

Sorry to say, but I would have to agree with Dave
here. The default behavior of the language will most
likely change soon, solely for the above mentioned
reasoning. The main reason people write with short
open tags is mainly laziness and cross compatability
with that OTHER language. ;o)

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>