Re: Can hear xawtv, but can't record audio

--- Jack Bowling <jbinpg@shaw.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 11:27:35AM -0800, Charles
> Griffin wrote:
> >
> <snippage>
> > I'm at a loss here.  I'm still googling around to
> see
> > if I can find anything, but if anyone has any
> > suggestions I would be very appreciative.  Thanks
> for
> > all the help, Stephan.
> >

> Anybody with a Creative SB Live should run, not
> walk, to
> http:/freshmeat.net and search for "emu-tools".

I am at a loss here.  I've got the emu-tools installed
and I've read through the documentation.  I've tried
to setup a route but I'm still confused.  The works
just fine normally -- games, sound events etc. -- but
I just can't capture the audio portion of the video
I'm recording.  The aumix has the line-in set at
record as does the gui utility "Volume Control."

All I want is for my "line-in" to work.  This works
just fine in other distributions -- why is it turned
off by default in Red Hat?

Anyway, any advice or suggestions for this newbie
would be most appreciated.  This is the only thing in
my Red Hat 8.0 installation that isn't working --
everything else is great!

Thanks very much.
Charles