Re: Partitioning trouble

At 09:37 AM 11/6/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Alberto M. R. Davila wrote:
>
>>Thanks Randy,

>>>Look under the directory :
>>>
>>>   /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts    and look for a file called
>>> ifcfg-ethX (where X is the number of the SIS930, probably either 0 or
>>> 1). There should be a line that says:
>>>
>>>  ONBOOT=yes
>>>
>>>if not, edit/add it to the file.
>>

>>I double checked and the "ONBOOT=yes" is there, anyway, I had to activate
>>manually my network card today... any further suggestion ?
>>
>>Thanks, Alberto
>
>Just to be sure we are on the same page (and not intending to insult you),
>there should be at least 2 files under the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts dir:
>   ifcfg-eth0
>   ifcfg-eth1
>
>and the ONBOOT=yes is in both?

I only have one of them, the ifcfg-eth0 file and it has the ONBOOT=yes

>Exactly how are you activating the SIS930 after a reboot? (with ifup,
>ifconfig.....anything else)

Actually it the SIS630 is from other computer, the one giving trouble is
the 3COM. I activate the network card with the "network device control"
utility under "system tools" of the KDE

>Which interface is the SIS930?  (eth0 or eth1)

The 3COM is eth0:1

>You might try a:
>    dmesg |grep eth

nothing appeared

>and let us know the output. Also a cat of /etc/modules.conf  may be helpful.

the /etc/modules.conf

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 3c59x
alias usb-controller usb-ohci