Re: Cannot connect to server!

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 18:33, Jeremy Hein wrote:
> I am currently not able to connect to my rh8 linux box to sshd or httpd
> through port 22 or 80 from a remote location! It is behind a checkpoint
> firewall that only passes traffic through those ports. It was working
> before. The only thing I believe I changed was installing webmin. I've
> disabled all firewall services that I can think of and verified that I
> can connect locally. Any ideas on how I may be able to troubleshoot
> this? Are there any services or config files that may have been changed
> without me knowing it?

AFAIK webmin does not alter any config files at all when it is
installed, unless you have been playing with it, or you have put ip
restrictions in /etc/hosts.allow or /etc/hosts.deny or the firewall
settings have changed and no one has notified (this is unless you
administer checkpoint ;))

I would see if the services are listening on the box: netstat -nap

Mark