Re: Partitioning trouble

Alberto M. R. Davila wrote:

> Thanks Randy,
>
>>> Another problem is that my network card is not being recognized (SIS
>>> 930) .. I have to activate it everytime I boot the computer... could
>>> it be a problem with my 3COM card that is also present in the machine ?
>>

>> Look under the directory :
>>
>>   /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts    and look for a file called
>> ifcfg-ethX (where X is the number of the SIS930, probably either 0 or
>> 1). There should be a line that says:
>>
>>  ONBOOT=yes
>>
>> if not, edit/add it to the file.
>

> I double checked and the "ONBOOT=yes" is there, anyway, I had to
> activate manually my network card today... any further suggestion ?
>
> Thanks, Alberto

Just to be sure we are on the same page (and not intending to insult
you), there should be at least 2 files under the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts dir:
   ifcfg-eth0
   ifcfg-eth1

and the ONBOOT=yes is in both?

Exactly how are you activating the SIS930 after a reboot? (with ifup,
ifconfig.....anything else)

Which interface is the SIS930?  (eth0 or eth1)

You might try a:
    dmesg |grep eth

and let us know the output. Also a cat of /etc/modules.conf  may be helpful.