Re: How do I get off this email list!!

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 13:42, Andrew Smith wrote:
> Hmm, the Harry Potter bit has nothing to do with the reason why the
> US misspells English words.
> This is to do with STUPID religious ideas: Philosopher vs Sorcerer

If that were the case, the American version would have had
"Philosopher", not "Sorcerer", considering that American religious
conservatives have much more of a hangup regarding the occult. I'm
pretty sure it had more to do with the fact that the American publishers
didn't think American kids would have any kind of clue what the
"Philosopher's Stone" is, and, omigosh, how much more boring can you get
than philosophy?

--
Michael Knepher <limbo@bluethingy.com>