Re: Web Interface to mail accounts

On 6 Nov 2002, Mark Cooke wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 14:16, Tom Diehl wrote:
> > On 6 Nov 2002, RedHat Mailing List Account wrote:
>
> > Squirelmail should do what you need. I use it here and am very happy with it.
>
> I looked at that but wasn't sure f it could do it,
> as I noticed most are purely a web based mail or not (for a want of a
> better word) a web based viewer to your imap account
>
> I currently trying to get Horde and IMP installed, but will hive it a
> break and have another look at squirelmail

I used horde imp before I used sqm [1]. I am much happier with
sqm. From an admin point of view sqm is much easier to setup.
The plugin feature looks very nice although I currently do not use
it. From a user point of view I they seem to like sqm much better also.
Most of the complaints I had about horde imp were people having random
problems handling attachments and printing. It is possible I did not
have something setup quite right [2] but sqm just worked out of the box.
The one thing imp does do better than sqm is handling of multiple imap
servers. Short of doing multiple installations of sqm and providing links
I could never get this working properly but the need to do it was minimal
so I gave up.

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....

[1] squirrelmail
[2] worked for me so I was never really able to t/s the problem properly
    Too many different systems to support I suppose.