Re: SCO apps on Red Hat?

Jesse Keating wrote:

> I've got a friend who's company just took on a client who has some
> custom accounting software that runs on SCO Unix on very old
> hardware.
>  They are looking to migrate this to something reliable as the
> hardware is from the 386 era.  They have no backup, so it's quite
> touchy.  They are looking to me to provide support in this area.  Has
> anybody done any SCO emulation on Red Hat Linux?  I gather that it's
> possible, using the abi-sco module, but I haven't found any good docs
> on it.
>
> Could somebody point me in the direction of documentation that covers
> this?  TIA!

Not sure if this helps, but SCO was taken over by caldera, so you might
find something on http://www.caldera.com/ . Shortly after the merger
(about two years ago) a Caldera representative told me they wanted to
enable Linux applications to run on SCO and vice versa. Maybe they kept
their promise...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/