Re: Firewire Drive does not work with new kernel!

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 23:10, Bruce P. Morin wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> With the stock kernel under RH8 we had a Lacie external Firewire Drive
> working flawlessly.

I have had that a few times, but nothing that major

> When checking /proc/scsi/ the drive is not listed but the SBP-2 loads
> and sees the drive. Can someone tell me what changed?

I cannot help personally, but I would try the following:

1. check the changelog in the src.rpm
2. Check the eratta information
3. Do a diff on the original kernel src and the new one
4. If you are not effected by the new kernel (ie the changes do not
apply to you're hardware and there is not major security risk , revert
back to the old kernel)

Hopefully that should shed some light on whats been changed

Mark