Firewire Drive does not work with new kernel!

Hello All;

With the stock kernel under RH8 we had a Lacie external Firewire Drive
working flawlessly. We had the following entry in fstab to mount the
drive;

/dev/sdb2   /mnt/LaCie       ext3    noauto,owner,rw 0 0

With this entry, we could then right click on the desktop and (un)mount
the drive. Since we upgraded to a new kernel using up2date, this is no
longer possible. We get the error message that /dev/sdb2 is not a valid
block device.

When checking /proc/scsi/ the drive is not listed but the SBP-2 loads
and sees the drive. Can someone tell me what changed?

By the way, we also tested the packaged Rawhide Kernel and the same
thing occurs.

Sincerely,

Bruce P. Morin