Re: selecting muliple attachment files in Evolution

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 18:11, Charles Griffin wrote:
> --- Mike Chambers <mike@netlyncs.com> wrote:
> >
> > He means like in windows with outlook express or
> > outlook.  If you click
> > attach and go to a dir, you can select one file at a
> > time, or hold down
> > shift key or control (I think) key and either select
> > multi files in a row or
> > individually until done in that dir. And it will
> > attach them all at that
> > moment.
> >
> > I think this is what he wants.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> Yes, this is exactly what I mean.  In Nautilus, I can
> select several individual files with Ctrl-Click or a
> contiguous row or group of files with Shift-Click,
> (say, to drag a drop into another folder) but not in
> Evolution.  I can only add attachments one at a time.
> Since Evolution is a GTK program, I thought some of
> the Gnome UI features like Ctrl-Click or Shift-Click
> would carry over into Evolution.  But, I guess not.
>
> I think this is a very basic UI feature that should be
> added to these dialog boxes, IMHO,

This is fixed in the evolution 1.2 beta. Someone at redhat has put up
some RH8 rpms of the beta if you're interested in trying it out. There
are a couple of things broken in it, but it seems reasonably stable for
general mail use.

--
Michael Knepher <limbo@bluethingy.com>