Re: help calling command line at booting OS

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Richard Mulvena wrote:

[I wrapped your lines because they went off out of sight]

> Hi,
>  I have a small problem i'd like some help on if someone would be kind
> enough to help. I got sick of waiting for via to fix the via82xx sound
> problem and loaded the alsa drivers for my sound card which worked. My
> problem is this. Each time Xwindows loads i have to open up a terminal
> and type "alsactl restore" to get the alsamixer unmuted. Does anyone
> know how to set it unmutted by default as it reverts to muted every time
> i restart the PC. This leads me to this question as well. In windows i

You could try adding your commands to /etc/rc.d/rc.local "man bash" and
reading the other /etc/rc.d files will help with the syntax

> can specify command line options for booting in mnay places registry for

I'm not sure what you'r asking, but in general "boot options" that are
passed to the kernel could be specified on the kernel line in
/etc/grub.conf or /etc/lilo.conf, depending upon which boot-loader you're
using.  See "info grub" or "man lilo" for further details.

> programs startup folder to call a batch file with my command line in it,
> and many others. Being resonably new to linux is there a similar
> process? Can i call the equivelent of a windows batch file? where do i
> call it from? what is it called? what is the syntax?.

[snip HTML stuff]

HTH,
Oisin Feeley