still not printing

>> A local lug fellow has suggested that my problem may be that I installed both CUPS and lpr.  How might i remove CUPS?  Can I do a rm CUPS, or something?  Or can I just find the file and delete it (that always makes me nervous).
>> If I can get the printer solved, I'll feel like I am 95% up and gone (never quite seem to make 100% with this stuff, but 95% is good!).
>> Anyone?
>>

>use redhat-switch-printer to assure that you have the system you want to
>use selected.
>
>use /sbin/service cups stop to make sure the cups server is not running.

It said:
no such file or directory
I tried /usr/sbin/services, too....same thing

>use /sbin/service lpd start to make sure the lpd server is running
>
>I use cups, so can't remember where the lpd printers are configured, but
>it is somewhere obvious in the menus.  There are a lot of drivers
>included, so you might want to make sure the one you want isn't already
>available before downloading drivers from other locations.

I do have lpd running and my printer is not supported there, but Lexmark has posted a driver, which I had used in 7.2 (enigma) and it worked just fine.  Now, I start the install, it is graphical and runs from a shell script, and it asks me to accepot a license, which I do, then there is one of those fill-in bar thingies (like many windows installers, or OpenOffgice.org) and it fills all the way to the right, then the whole things just stops and hangs there.  I can;t even close the window it's in.

Tony