Re: RPM database stuck?

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 14:04, Warren Togami wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 09:09, Tuan Hoang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It seems like my RPM database is either stuck or confused.  What were the
> > commands to delete & rebuild it?  Also does anyone know what's causing
> > this problem?
> >
> > It seems to have happened when I rebuilt a SRPM and then tried to install
> > the resulting binary RPM.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tuan
>
> rm -rf /var/lib/rpm/__*
> rpm --rebuilddb
>
> I think rebooting will do the first step, but not the second step.

I've been having issues with rpm also.  It seems to occur when I use
up2date at the command line to install a program.

$ up2date squirrelmail

It gets the package, and begins installing, and hangs, forever.  I can
kill -9 the process, but the database is frozen or something, and no
other rpm commands will work.  They all hang forever.

The instructions above would probably fix this.  I've found that a
reboot cleans everything up.  (I couldn't remember which files to
remove).  I did not have to rebuild the database, all worked well,
except that after installing squirrelmail, I believe it was installed,
but not in the rpm database.  (Easily fixed).

Just my two cents,
Ryan