realplayer 8

>Tony,
>It is obvious that you are experiencing problems. However, the information
>provided was less informational (except in your choice of music) and more
>rant. Please provide versions of the things experiencing problems with the
>settings you think that may be relevant so that others that are so inclined,
>may be able to lend assistance.
>Hope this helps,
>Jerry

Okay,Jerry,
Thanks for trying to help me out.
Well, I have  resolved my java issue, I think.  I was entering the wrong command!
(just smack me)  I was entering
./j2re-1_4_1-rc-linux-i586.rpm.bin
when I needed to enter
sh jr2e-etc-blah-blah.rpm.bin
So, that is fixed.

Now, my biggest issue is that I can't seem to install the driver for my printer.
It is a lexmark z33, and I had it running fine in 7.2.  I acquired the driver from
Lexmark's site.  when I try to run the install (it is a shell script) it locks up.
Someone suggestted the issue may be that I installed both CUPS and lpd.
So, if that is it, how do I uninstall CUPS?
I have another printer, a Compaq IJ1200 (same as lexmark z42) and I have also tried to use that one, but I have never gotten it to work at all, even though the z42 driver is part of the installation.  Couldn;t get it to work with RedHat 7.1, 7.2 or 7.3, Corel Linux, Blue Linux or Lycoris either.
I had the z33 up and running in 7.2, as I mentioned.

Also, the realplayer issue.   installed from the rpm available from Real.com.
It also worked fine in 7.2, now, however, I can;t find it.  I have looked into /usr/bin /usr/share /usr/local, etc, etc.  I have done numerous whereis at terminal and don't get a useful reply :
root@localhost$ whereis realplayer
realplayer
I get the same when I type RealPlayer or any other configuration of the name I can think of...
As I said, the realplayer is from the rpm from Real's site.  I am trying to install it on RedHat 8.0 (why I'm on this list)
Please excuse my ignorance, but, I don't have any idea what other
settings or versions might be important, so,
if there is something else relevant that I have left out, just let me know.
That is, if you care to pursue helping a clueless newbie...
Seems most of my other issues are resolved,
but the printing is pretty crucial.
Yeah, that's about it...

tony