Re: issues

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 04:38, anthony baldwin wrote:
> Now, I tried to reinstall RealPlayer, and was told that it was
> already installed, but, as I said before, I can't seem to find it
> anywhere, so I can't even remove it to reinstall with my limited
> knowledge.

What, via rpm?  Try:
rpm -q RealPlayer

Or, use this:
rpm -qf `which realplay`

> Also, even signed in as root, I could not install java runtime
> support (blackdown, which I downloaded from Sun).  I was told
> "Permission Denied" when I tried to run the install script.

Root doesn't magically get execute permission for normal files; make it
exectuable:

chmod +x ./install

Both Sun and IBM offer JRE's and JDK's in RPM format.  I personally
recommend the IBM JRE/JDK, as it is faster and more stable, in my
experience.

> I really want to get my printer issues resolved, too.  The driver
> worked fabulously in 7.2, but the installation hangs before
> completion no matter what I try, now.

What driver?  Completion of what?