Re: realplayer 8

> Also, the realplayer issue.   installed from the rpm available from Real.com.
> It also worked fine in 7.2, now, however, I can;t find it.  I have looked into /usr/bin /usr/share /usr/local, etc, etc.  I have done numerous whereis at terminal and don't get a useful reply :
> root@localhost$ whereis realplayer
> realplayer
> I get the same when I type RealPlayer or any other configuration of the name I can think of...
> As I said, the realplayer is from the rpm from Real's site.  I am trying to install it on RedHat 8.0 (why I'm on this list)
> Please excuse my ignorance, but, I don't have any idea what other
> settings or versions might be important, so,

Tony,

Have a look in /usr/lib/RealPlayer8 there should be a file called
realplay.  At least this is on my Redhat 8.0 and it runs Realplayer 8.
I also installed the download from the RealPlayer web site.

Not sure why you're having printing problems.  I was amazed at plugging
in an HP PhotoSmart P1000 via USB and having Redhat8 see it on boot up
and then install the drivers for it and off it went.  This was using
lpr.  I'm far from expert, but it all seems to work okay.  Much trial
and error with some other things :)
--
Thanks,

Neil