Re: Starting xine

First apologies for posting the same twice.  I had started to create it
and then stopped and later sent it last night.  Then this morning saw it
still in the draft folder, so thought it had not been sent, so opened it
and sent it again.  Then I realized that Evolution must keep a copy of
draft mails in the draft folder, even once they have been sent.  Still
making the adjustment from outlook to using Evolution.  Getting there
slowly.

Back to Windows Media.  I've searched quite thoroughly for any windows
codecs that relate to Windows media player, but can't seem to find any.
Don,

If you don't have the link anymore, is there any chance you could mail
them to me?

Have considered purchasing the crossover plugin for Windows Media, but
if I understand it you still then need to have Windows Media player on
your system.  Would that not then mean you are open to all the security
holes in it as well?  I know there are several noted ones, but not sure
if those security holes would then port over with the crossover plugin?

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks for all the great help so far.

Neil.

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 23:07, Donald E. Stidwell wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 17:49, Neil Loffhagen wrote:
> > Gene,
> >
> > Thanks for the mplayer link.  It installed great and runs OK, but it
> > unfortunately does not cope with Windows Media files.
> >

> Windows Media files work just fine with Mplayer. You have to download
> the Windows codecs and place them in /usr/local/win32.
>
> I believe I got the codecs from freshrpms. Once the codecs are installed
> I assure you mplayer will play files that even Windows Media Player
> couldn't! (I have a couple of mpegs that WMP couldn't find audio codecs
> for and wouldn't play. Tried in mplayer and they played perfectly.
>
> Don
>

> --
Thanks,

Neil