Re: How to Uninstall Linux 8.0?

At 10:38 PM 10/23/2002, Roger wrote:

>Around Thu,Oct 24 2002, at 10:19,  Ronald Allan B. Henry, wrote:
> > Joe Klemmer wrote:
> > >     To answer your question, just do a normal WinXX install and delete
> > >     the
> > >partitions from there.
> > >

> > You might have problems doing it from Windows.
> > Try using the fdisk utility included in linux instead.
> > There could be several ways to do this, but at least
> > you get the idea. :)
> >
>I've had problems in the past with the /mbr trick.  What *has* worked for
>me has been fdisk from linux (booting via CD), just delete the partition,
>write the changes to disk, then reboot.

Yep. Even when I was having to administer a network of Windows boxes, I
ALWAYS had set of Linux boot disks for fdisk-ing and such. I remember
running into problems with NT partitions and Win9x installs that the
Windows/DOS tools just wouldn't handle gracefully that Linux fdisk cut
right through cleanly. That's definitely your best bet.

Doug

This email, and any included attachments, have been checked
by Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition (Version 7.6), AVG
Server Edition 6.0, and Merak Email Server Integrated
Antivirus (Alwil Software's aVast! engine) and is certified
Virus Free.