RE: Mylex DAC960 problem (additional info)

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Nicholas Tang wrote:

> We've tried booting the box with "linux noapic" and had no luck.
>
> We've also looked for any bios settings for "PCI Bus 2.1 Compliance" or "PIC
> mode" or something similar and the tech was unable to find anything about
> either, in the PC bios, Mylex bios, or Adaptec bios.
>
> We haven't tried messing with the IRQ's yet, but we can try that next.  We
> also haven't updated the firmware on the Adaptec card yet, but we can try
> that as well.
>
> Anyone have any other ideas...?

What mainboard is it on?

Now that I think about it, I do remember needing to set something in the
BIOS for PCI Bus Mode.  I can't remember the exact setting, and I can't
bring the machine down to look in the bios.  It did have to do with 2.0
vs. 2.1.  It's in the PC BIOS.

I think you should look harder for that setting.

--
Arend