Re: Incoming IMAP Mail Server In Evolution

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 00:27, Robert L. Cochran wrote:
> At this point, since I'm not too familiar with IMAP services, I'm unsure
> whether you would want to subscribe to the folders or not. I was fooling
> with a friend's folders and didn't want to make those choices for him.
> However everything just worked after step 5. Others might vary in their
> mileage with their IMAP servers.

I began using Evolution after upgrading to RH8.0 (I used pine before
that).  I still wanted to use pine if I could, and still wanted to have
procmail sort my mail.  I successfully implemented this using IMAP and I
am very pleased with it.

Subscribing to folders is necessary if you have a setup like mine, where
the IMAP server and client are the same machine, and my home directory
is muddled with crap.  Evolution's option to show only subscribed is
great.  Sylpheed did not appear to have this option, and showed my
entire home directory, hidden files and all

(The workaround would be to use a different login name for mail, with an
empty home dir containing only ~/Mail for folders - use an alias to
direct the mail to this fake user and then pickup mail from that
account, but send as usual).

-Ryan