Re: Incoming IMAP Mail Server In Evolution

Thanks Chris. I discovered that the process is quite simple in at least
this case. For the benefit of those who might be wondering,

1. Set up an IMAP mail account with the appropriate personal details.
You might want to uncheck the option for showing subscribed folders,
since you have not subscribed to any folders yet.
2. On the Evolution menu bar, click View and then select Folder Bar.
3. Look for the IMAP folder you just created. Click on the folder name
one time with your mouse.
4. A password dialog box will come up. Enter the password.
5. A few seconds to ... later, if all goes well, you should see your
mail folders.

At this point, since I'm not too familiar with IMAP services, I'm unsure
whether you would want to subscribe to the folders or not. I was fooling
with a friend's folders and didn't want to make those choices for him.
However everything just worked after step 5. Others might vary in their
mileage with their IMAP servers.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA