Re: Direct TV Satellite connections

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Waite" <mwaite@premcom.com>
To: <psyche-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 8:35 AM
Subject: RE: Direct TV Satellite connections

> nope,
>
> it does not work yet with linux.
>
> DirecPC is planning to releas a Internet gateway device for more money
that
> will allow networking, but as of now, you to install software on a windows
> machine.

I read about it on the internet and it looks like they use USB in some way.
And I guess you have to use their software to help connect?  No way to just
assign the USB device an IP and the satellite system as the gateway and go
that way?

I guess linux would have to use the windows machine as a gateway if this is
all that will work?

Mike