Re: auth_ldap alternative?

>I did an everything install... Mine is using LDAP to authenticate to a
>Solaris 9 LDAP (phase 2) server just fine... Are you trying to customize
>something, or are you using authconfig?
>
>Tommy

Mine what?  Authentication of linux users?  I don't have an 8.0 system
yet (don't have a spare test box yet).  But the release notes state that
the auth_ldap rpm is no longer included.

The auth_ldap rpm used to ship with earlier Red Hat releases.  And it
provides only an apache module for ldap based authentication of users to
web server content.  It has nothing to do with nss_ldap or pam_ldap.  I
know 8.0 includes other types of ldap support, but that no longer
includes auth_ldap.

Are you authenticating users to an apache web server based on users and
groups defined in an ldap server?  If so, what apache module provides
that capability?  I would like to research it so I know what my
migration would involve.

Thanks.
-ckj