Re: RHL8 and windows 2000 server edition

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 08:06, Marcio Alejandro Regalado M. wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> I don't know almost anythign about LAN so I don't know what do I need, my
> linux box is ready to work on a LAN but I dont know how to connect it to a
> windows server, can you help me ??
>
> Red Hat Newbie
1.  This is too open ended for anyone to give you a good answer.
2.  Man I hate to say that.
3.  Now I take it you have no network so far at all and if that is
true you need to start with this.  There is nothing special in
making the 2 communicate with each other in general.  After all
that is what the Internet does.  Both boxes like TCP/IP but there
is just about where it stops.
4.  There are many reasons to have them work with each other to
accomplish things.  First you have to know what those are before
you start.

Jim Scott

Of course maybe you shouldn't listen to me.  I'm unemployed.