Re: RHL8 and windows 2000 server edition

--- "Marcio Alejandro Regalado M." <ciriac@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know almost anythign about LAN so I don't know what do I
> need, my linux box is ready to work on a LAN but I dont know how to
> connect it to a windows server, can you help me ??

By "connect," do you mean setting up file sharing between the linux
machine and the windows server?  For that you'll want the Samba
package.

A very nice little intro to Samba is available right in the RHL
documentation!  See this page for starters:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/custom-guide/ch-samba.html

If I'm incorrect that by "connect" you mean "file sharing," please be
more specific about precisely what it is you're trying to do so we can
better help you.

=====
"Outlook not so good."  Wow, that magic 8-ball knows everything!  I'll ask about Exchange Server next...