Re: Dell 2300 with megaraid (perc sc/2)

On 21 Oct 2002, Ryan Camick wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 22:58, Keith Morse wrote:
> > On 20 Oct 2002, Keith Winston wrote:
> >
> > > On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 23:14, Keith Morse wrote:
> > >
> > > There is some key combination (Alt-F10 or something) that should let you
> > > bring up the BIOS on the megaraid controller when it boots, then you
> > > should be able to look at the current settings and adjust them if
> > > necessary.
> >
> > I've been muddling thru the different bios configurations in a effort to
> > identify the resources this card uses.  No success there either.  The
> > names used on either side of the fence don't correlate so its a trial and
> > error affair.  In researching the documentation I've found on RedHat's web
> > site, it appears that the megaraid.o modules accepts no options arguments.
> >
> > I finally whimped out and installed a 4gb scsi hard drive just to get the
> > OS loaded.  I'll continue trouble shooting from there.  Thanks for your
> > efforts.
>
> If I were in your situation, I would check with the Dell resources for
> Linux.  I do not know anything about them other than these links:
>
> http://www.dell.com/linux/
> http://domsch.com/linux
> http://lists.us.dell.com/

Thanks, I did find these all ready, but so far I have found any relavent
info.  What suspect will happen is that there won't be any support (mainly
from Dell) due to the age of this system.  Which is somewhat frustrating
as many of these types of servers are showing up on Ebay for a good price
and would make quite good file/print/email/web/whatever servers.