Error during named restart (bug in named or "service")

Hello,
I noticed a strange behaviour while restarting named.
When it works I get:
---
[root@xxx root]# service named restart
Stopping named:
Starting named:                                            [  OK  ]
---
As you can see the [OK] is missing on the stopping procedure.
But sometimes instead it happens that:
---
[root@xxx root]# service named restart
Stopping named:
named: already running[root@xxx root]#
---
and if I do it again:
---
[root@xxx root]# service named restart
Stopping named: rndc: connect failed: connection refused
                                                           [FAILED]
Starting named:                                            [  OK  ]
---

So what it seems is that the first time the command "thinks" that named
is running, while in reality it's not, and I have to run it again.

That behaviour never showed on redhat 7.2 and 7.3.

Can anybody confirm that?

Thanks,
Alex