Re: ltmodem for RH8.0

> While on a business trip this past week I discovered (arghh!!) I was unable to
> use the Linmodem in my laptop after upgrading from RH7.3 to RH8.0. I'm
> accustomed to recompiling the ltmodem source code each time I change a kernel,
> but that failed with an error message:
>
>   Sorry, versions of 3 and greater are not yet compatible with the source code.
>   While the compilation may will succeed, the drives most likely will not be
>   functional.
>   Aborting with Ctrl-C is RECOMMENDED.
>
> How do I roll back my default gcc version for just this compile?
>
> --Doc Savage
>   Fairview Heights, IL

I had the same problem before. In my case I kept going with the
compilation but later on you have to force the module insertion by
	insmod -f lt_modem
It is not a nice thing, but at least it works for the moment. In the
related mailing list, there had been several cases like this and
hopefully they will fix it in the next version of the driver.

Alimin