ipchains incorrectly enabled after upgrade, causing conflicts

I've just upgraded one of my machines from 7.3
to 8.0. This machine is running iptables (NOT
ipchains) and has a number of links via nfs.

After the upgrade the nfs links all failed
due, I found, to the fact that ipchains
was now running (despite the original service
config disabling it) as well as iptables. In
addition my firewall configuration with iptables
had been erased and set to ACCEPT for everything.

All was cured once I stopped ipchains and
reconfigured iptables. Clearly, this should
not happen - has anyone else had a similar
experience on installation? Is it worth a
bugzilla report?