General questions

Is there a way to make the desktop icons smaller?

How do I tell Gnome to use a different window manager? I have nothing
against Metacity, but there are too many options I don't know how to
change. I'd love to list them, but I'm the kind of user who looks
through the config utility to find options to set, and never remembers
what they all were. If I could switch back to sawfish, I could compile a
list of things I want to configure in that then ask how to configure
them in Metacity. Two things I remember are the delay on raising windows
in focus-follows-mouse and being able to drag a window to a different
workspace.

How do I get Mozilla to use my truetype fonts (I have my windows
partition mounted, and copied the WINNT/FONTS folder to ~/.fonts)? I can
select them in the Font Preferences dialog, but not in Mozilla.

Has anyone copiled/installed PCTell 0.9.4 on RH 8?

Finally how does one edit the gdm themes? Or where would I go to
download new ones?

Rather than a question, I have a comment that I was able to get X to
display in 24bit color depth at 1024x768 on my Dell Latitute C400 (i830
chipset) using only the i830-drm patch from

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/linux/c400.html

The other two patches seem to already be included. :) After applying the
  i830 patch, I'm given a bunch of "multiline string literals have been
deprecated" warnings.

--
; Justin Georgeson
; http://www.lopht.net