Install Problem - Tyan Tiger MP mobo and Athlon 1800 MP

I am having a problem installing Psyche on my computer.  I'm assuming
the motherboard or processor is the key to the problem.  It's a Tyan
Tiger MP motherboard with a single Athlon 1800+ MP processor on it.

This PC is currently running RedHat 7.3/Valhalla with no problems.  Upon
booting with the Psyche disc, it begins the install (for all of 15
seconds) and then goes to a screen filled with "error with CPU0".  I
have confirmed it not to be a CD problem as I have installed Psyche on
an AMD K6-3 350 from these same CD's with no probs whatsoever.

Does Psyche support the AMD MP Processors?  I would expect so since 7.3
is currently running on the system... but cannot find anything in the RH
hardware compatibility list for the Athlon MP's, for 7.3 or 8.0 ... what
to do now??

Christopher