Re: stickers in box?

> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:35:19 +1000 (EST), Andrew Smith wrote:
>
>> > Ever heard of "green shoe Linux" 8.0?
>> >
>> >  http://www.liniso.de/shop.php?artikel=74#74
>> >
>> > That's what can happen to you when they get active in trademark
>> > infringement matters. You might want to design "green shoe" stickers
>> > early enough. ;)
>>
>> I certainly hope that web page is not really necessary or is a joke!
>> If it was true it would go a long way in my opinion to suggest that a
>> certain company is, well, very low on the rungs of any ladder. Though
>> I'm sure that means nothing to anyone else :-)
>
> I think it is necessary. The German comment below the offer explains
> that trademark issues are the reason for the renaming. They are
> selling CDs of the download version of Red Hat Linux, which is not the
> same Red Hat Linux that is sold by Red Hat and official
> resellers. Hence to avoid trademark infringement, they cannot sell
> their CDs as "Red Hat Linux" unless they are authorized. Makes sense to
> me. When you download Red Hat Linux yourself, it is Red Hat
> Linux, well, the GPL'ed part. Selling it makes the difference.
>
> Duplicating and modifying copyrighted stickers doesn't sound too
> good either, even when it's for private use only.

Yes I translated it with google before I replied ... ah I love
online translation tools :-) No where never perfect - but make
it easy to understand.

Strange how every other Linux distribution on the site has their
respective name and image ...

So is it a copy of the original, or modified (enhanced :-)

--
-Cheers
-Andrew

MS ... if only he hadn't been hang gliding!