From: psyche-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:psyche-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Neil Loffhagen
Sent: 15 October 2002 13:57
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: Cannot activate network device eth0

Hi,

When I first installed Redhat 8.0 on my Dell latitude everything went okay.
Then I made a few changes and lost connection to the network.  Tried to get
things back as they were, but could not.  So, though it may seem drastic
decided on a completed rebuild from scratch.  And now I still cannot
activate network device.  As the laptop boots it starts the eth0 okay.  But
when it finished booting if you look in the network configuration it shows
the status of eth0 as inactive and when I try to activate it, keep getting
the message "Cannot activate network device eth0".  Is there some file I
need to edit to get this to work?  Have tried different network cards and
get the same result.  I'm using a Xircom RealPort 2 card.

Thanks,

Neil.