RE: ntp sync'ing

First, look at this article (if you haven't already):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314054

Next, you may want to take a look at this whitepaper:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314054

The stuff at the top of the whitepaper is informative, but the real meat
is where it describes the tools you can use.

Specifically:

W32tm -once -test -v

If the w32time service is stopped (net stop w32time), it will generate
lots of info about the attempt to synchronize the clock.

Hth,
Ron

PS, sorry if this is old news to you.  Just trying to help.

====
>Maybe this helps explain why I am getting the error message?  The
client in question is an XP machine getting the error
>message when it tries to sync with my psyche server.

Mike