Re: ntp sync'ing

From: "Mike Chambers" <mike@netlyncs.com>

> I finally got my ntpd running and listening on my network for sync'ing.
But
> I get an error when doing it..
>
> "The time sample was rejected because: The peer's stratum is less than the
> host's stratum."
>
> Is there something on the server end/config file that I am not doing
> correctly?

Quite assuredly. Unless you are coupled to a GPS clock of some sort the
local host should be setup as running at stratum 10 if it is "end of the
line". If it serves other machines and couples to stratum 2 servers then
it might be setup as stratum 3 if it is always online. (I left mine at
10. I keep thinking I should reconsider this. However, it all seems to be
working; and I am a proponent of "If it ain't broke don't fix it." So I
leave it alone.)

{^_^}