Re: ntp sync'ing

----- Original Message -----
From: "jdow" <jdow@earthlink.net>
To: <psyche-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: ntp sync'ing

> Quite assuredly. Unless you are coupled to a GPS clock of some sort the
> local host should be setup as running at stratum 10 if it is "end of the
> line". If it serves other machines and couples to stratum 2 servers then
> it might be setup as stratum 3 if it is always online. (I left mine at
> 10. I keep thinking I should reconsider this. However, it all seems to be
> working; and I am a proponent of "If it ain't broke don't fix it." So I
> leave it alone.)

Well, my server sync's with 3 internet servers to get it's time.  And I am
trying to allow my networked computers on my network to sync their time with
the server itself.

Maybe this helps explain why I am getting the error message?  The client in
question is an XP machine getting the error message when it tries to sync
with my psyche server.

Mike