Re: OT: Cable Modems (WAS Re: Redhat 8 missing smp-kernel as statedby a bugzilla op, but aguy says something else?)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Kloiber" <ckloiber@redhat.com>
To: <psyche-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 11:45 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Cable Modems (WAS Re: Redhat 8 missing smp-kernel as
statedby a bugzilla op, but aguy says something else?)

> Um. The flashing lights on the cable modem indicate there's no signal
> getting to the cable modem from the cable company. Besides, can access
> the modem's built in webserver (for diagnostic purposes) just fine.

So that is the problem, the modem isn't syncing up?  If that is the case,
hopefully a tech will talk to the database people and make sure your
account/modem is setup correctly on their end.

> Normally not a bad idea, however. It *could* actually be bad coax. I'll
> find out between 8 and noon tomo^w today. God it's getting late.

The meter I mentioned before *should* test that and find out how good it is.
Even if your getting a good connection at the modem, still doesn't mean it's
the same reading at the tap (as in could be losing even more from tap to the
modem somewhere, via cable or whatever).

Anyway, guess tech is coming by in the morning, so good luck on the
troubleshooting.

P.S. Let me know what happened, for FYI if anything.

Mike