Re: Skip/Lag Problem

On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 22:10, Nick Gommans wrote:

> Running XMMS under KDE under Redhat 8.0
>
> Moving over a list of links in konqueror, or performing a screen capture will
> make the system "freeze" for a fraction of a second causing the music to
> skip.

I unfortunately can't help you with this, but I can at least confirm it
on my system. I also get the same problem when I move around links to
applications on my desktop, and even when I start a few programs
(Konqueror, for example). As I'm rather newbie-ish with RedHat Linux
(installed 8.0 on Thursday, loving it), I thought this was a normal
behaviour. This is on a Athlon T-BirdC 1.0 GHz/512 MB RAM/GeForce 2
MX/SoundBlaster Live Platinum). I'd like to also note that I'm running
emu-script in order to correct the crackling with the SoundBlaster Live.

Hope this helps determine the problem,

- Kathy Vaughan