Apache 2.0/PHP 4.2.2 and Caching Problems

I still can't figure out why RedHat shipped Apache 2.0 and PHP 4.2.2
together.  There are still plenty of known problems with the 2
interacting
together.  I've been banging my head against a wall for 3 days now
trying
to figure out why my webpages won't refresh when I post a message.  I
have
to hold down Ctrl and hit F5 or the Refresh button for any changes to be
seen.  Finally hunted it down and found out it is a known problem with
Apache 2.0 and PHP.

[rant on]
So now I have to downgrade my nice neat install to Apache 1.3.26.  In
which case, probably won't be able to do it with all RPM's and have to
resort to manually compiling everything.  Which in itself is not a
problem
but it's just a huge pain in the rear. I just hope that I can compile
Apache only and tell it everything else is already there and hope it
works.  Otherwise, it's back to compiling IMAP, PHP, Zend, Apache, and
MySQL.
[/rant off]

Thanks,
Chip Gwyn