Re: kernel compile questions

Thanks for all the quick replies!  I just did the mkinitrd routine,
everything loads fine now.  Thanks!
	However, the reason I went about getting a new kernel on my system is
I'm trying to get my Lexmark X83 USB working.  Other people on the
lexmark-list@linuxprinting.org have reported (in RH 7.3, Mandrake 9)
seeing it when they run, "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices", but on my system
it doesn't show up.  I thought I had enabled the right USB stuff with
that kernel, but apparently not.  On my default RH kernel (which im back
on now), lsmod shows:
usb-uhci               26188   0  (unused)
usbcore                77024   1  [hid usb-uhci]

(other things of course too) but no luck with a printer.  BTW on the
kernel I made for this purpose, cat /proc/bus/usb/devices yielded
nothing as well.  I know I enabled, "USB Printer" and usb-uhci on that
kernel, anything else I might need or not need for it to see it?

Thanks.

-Brandon