Really wierd problem: Reproducible :)

Hello, Everyone :)
I'm the guy that reported that "really wierd problem" where, when I was
logged in as a regular user in KDE, I somehow ended up with root's GNOME
desktop.  Well, now I figured out how to reproduce it :)  It goes like
this:

1. Log into KDE as a regular user, or root, it doesn't matter.  The
important part is that you log into KDE.
2. Type "nautilus" in a terminal window, (I haven't tested this part,
but I suspect that you could start nautilus any way you wanted)
3. Watch you KDE desktop turn into a GNOME desktop.

The only reason why it went from my desktop to the root desktop in my
last report, was because I opened Nautilus when I was su'd into root.
But obviously, just running a GNOME application, and having it turn your
KDE desktop into a GNOME desktop, was not the intention of Red Hat.  I
tried this the other way around, and opened Konqueror while I was logged
into GNOME, and nothing unusual happened :)
If I can undestand the process, I'm going to report this on Bugzilla,
but I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if you
did, what you may have done to fix it :)

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Steven P. Ulrick