Re: [luau] Help with Red Hat install of rwCdRom

On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 05:11, Warren Togami wrote:
> Can someone please help this person?

For some weird reason, I never received the original mail, but reading
this I presume that he is having a problem where to put the extra kernel
options for boot up?

> > They all,talk about hd?=ide-scsi, but don't tell where in the tree
it
> > is. Is it in /etc/grub or where?  Then it says to delete the
/dev/cdrom
> > and replace it with cdr/cdrw but not where to put it.

All you have to do is edit /boot/grub/grub.conf
and add the following to the end of the kernel line:

hd?=ide-scsi

only having scsi stuff, I would presume that hd? would refer to you're
cdrom?

just run: ls -al /dev/cdrom and replace the hd.. with the output
ie:

kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-14 ro root=LABEL=/  hdc=ide-scsi

Hope that kinda helps

Mark

--
---
Universal Truths:

"SEEKING CANDIDATES WITH A WIDE VARIETY OF EXPERIENCE"
You'll need it to replace three people who just left.