Re: LANG=en_US.UTF-8

bitbasher@dccnet.com ("BitBasher") writes:
> But, just like you, I have no idea if this is going to mess up anything
> else.  Looks like console Unicode was rushed out the RH 8.0 door without
> full fixing may console-based apps.  I guess we're now in the same boat as
> all the other non-english-us Linux users who have been struggling with
> international character support for years.

In my case it breaks some perl scripts that do text file parsing (perl
chokes on characters). I had to include a "use bytes;" but in the end I
decided to unset the LANG variable before running the script.
--
Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer              E-Mail : mathieu@newview.com
    It is exactly because a man cannot do a thing that he is a