Re: metacity window resize

On 11 Oct 2002, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 14:35, Rene Rask wrote:
>
> > Alt-mb1 and several others are a legacy. I would be please if they were
> > removed. It's just a thing from when linux desktops where used by
> > programmers which do not use the mouse for anything else that moving
> > windows.
>
> I have to disagree.

Me too.

I can't remember the last time I moved a window using the tiny little
titlebar, or resized by carefully aligning my mouse on one of the
borders. Oh ya, it would be the last time I used a Windows box, and
after I mistakenly tried ALT-Mouse1/2 first.

If people learned how to use these features instead of complaining
about them, they would understand why they are there in the first place.

Save the mileage on your mouse. Use the shortcuts!

--
Arend