Re: S3

Greg Alexander wrote:
> I found that support for my S3 card was discontinued as early as version 7.
> I didn't try to find a driver, just got a card that worked.

We were able to get "Psyche" running with X-windows on an S3 Trio64.
(this video card didn't work under "Valhalla") The install detected an
S3 card and tried to use the S3 generic driver, which doesn't work. We
scrolled to the top of the list, expanded Other, and selected VESA. It
works to our satisfaction. There may be a way to choose VESA after the
installation is complete, but I don't know how.

By the way, when Anaconda starts during installation, it tries to load
the S3 driver and fails. It tries the VESA driver which works, and
then continues the graphical install.

--
Danial M. Howard--howadani at isu.edu--(208) 282-3097
IT Systems Programmer, Computing and Communications