Re: ALSA and esd brokenness

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 19:03, Warren Togami wrote:

> OSS emulation appears to be working, as XMMS OSS output and several
> other applications that use OSS directly work fine.  I am looking more
> into ESD now...

Recompiled esound .src.rpm so that it would find the ALSA libraries, no
change.

http://webpages.charter.net/tprado/esound/
Found this page with a large patch for this version of esound to better
support ALSA 0.9.  Didn't appear to work either.

Rebooted, and found a nasty ALSA driver bug.  Whenever it attempts to
load the ALSA drivers on my laptop, it deadlocks.  The ALSA drivers
loaded without deadlocking only when I first fully loaded the OSS
drivers and removed them with rmmod.  I guess I should re-subscribe to
the ALSA mailing list.