Re: assorted problems/issues with GNOME

James Ralston wrote:
>>The intended way is "sawfish --replace; gnome-session-save" however
>>sawfish doesn't support --replace yet.
> Ok, so there isn't a GUI way of doing it yet.

Not yet. Hopefully there will be soon :)

>>>Does Sawfish support a "go to workspace [n]" function which I can
>>>bind?
>>
>>I'm pretty sure it does.
> Others have said the same; I'll dig around some more.

Start the sawfish-ui config tool, and select the bindings tab.

The command to go to switch workspaces is "Activate workspace".
If you select Add, when you choose the "Activate workspace"
command, there will be a box to select the workspace to jump to.

I have shortcuts for "go to workspace <N>" mapped as "Win+F<N>",
although sawfish calls it "Super",  for the 4 workspaces I
normally use.

	-Thomas