Why no page setup with margin control?

For the most part, linux printing (CUPS used here) is working fairly well.
But why on earth aren't there page setup dialogs with margin controls for
printing?  A number of KDE programs have issues with lines missed when
changing pages, second side printing starting too far to the left, etc.  gtk
programs like gedit don't have any user control either, and although they
don't cause me as much trouble, I would like to be able to set the margins.

I never know whether to blame a printer driver or an app when this happens.
If margin control was available, I could at least set them where I want them.
--
gerry
_____